How to Update Kodi to enjoy streaming the latest movies, TV series, News, sports and much more for free. Kodi is a digital media player that can be used on many OS like Android, iOS, Windows, MAC, Firestick, Linux, Raspberry Pi, Blackberry, Apple TV, android smart TV, Mxq Pro, Mxq and Gbox. So being available for such a wide variety OS, you are sure to enjoy using Kodi with any device you own. Also, Kodi Updates that are available for all these OS is available at the same time, so no matter which platform you are using, you will get regular updates with more features.
So, if you are using Exodus Kodi on any of the OS mentioned and want to know how to update Kodi then here is a complete detail of how you can do it easily. Note that, we will be talking about all the possible updates for different OS’s separately so it is easy for you to know how to update Kodi unbiased of the OS you are using Kodi on.
With that being said, here is the detailed overview of how you can easily update Kodi for different OS like Android, iOS, Windows, MAC, Firestick, Linux, Raspberry Pi, Blackberry, Apple TV, android smart TV, Mxq Pro, Mxq and Gbox.
Features that you can enjoy after updating Kodi:
Kodi, also previously known as XBMC is a well-known open-source media center where you can easily stream your favorite channels like movies, TV series, News, sports and much more for free. Kodi also comes with many add-ons which offer with the latest content that you can stream directly linked to torrent. Sounds amazing right? Well, these aren’t just what Kodi offers with.
Let us have a look at what features the latest Kodi has to offer so you would be more keen to update Kodi right now.
Features of the Latest Kodi update:
1. Music: The latest official how to update of Kodi allows you to stream from different music channels. you can also choose to download these songs in different formats like mp3, Wav, FLAC, and WMA. So where you are using an Android, iOS, Mac or any other device, you can get the best-suited format of music for your OS. Create a playlist that you can play anytime you want from Kodi itself.
2. Movies: With the latest update of Kodi, You name it and Kodi will have the movie you want. Kodi offers with the latest movies and collection of old hits as well. And just like its music content, Kodi offers with a variety of formats for Movies as well so you can easily play any video on your device.
3. TV shows: Now you can stream premium TV series and shows content from Netflix and other top rated paid streams. With the latest update of Kodi, it is possible for anyone to stream it directly. And you can also keep track of all the episodes you watched which also comes along with the new update.
4. Photo Library: Create your own library of photos that you can put on screensaver or normally use it as a slideshow to showcase anyone. With the latest update of Kodi, you can now sync and upload your image content directly from any device where your photos are stored.`P
5. Personal Video Recorder: The latest Kodi update comes with your own PVR option. Here you can watch as well as record whatever you are watching on the go.
6. Skins: With the latest Kodi update, you will get a lot of customization options as well. You can now change the look of Kodi as you want with many skins that are available.
7. Add-ons: One of the best features of Kodi is the Add-ons that you can custom Kodi with. And with the latest update of Kodi, you will get to add in more add-on for free content.
So these are that features that you will be able to enjoy when you are using the latest Kodi update. With that being said let us have a look at how you can update the Kodi for different OS.
How to update Kodi on Firestick:
Firestick has a lot of ways to update when you are using the Amazon Firestick. But today we will be talking about the easiest way possible that you can use to update Kodi directly from Amazon Firestick.
Step 1: Launch the Downloader add-on on your Firestick player.
Step 2: Now, visit the Kodi update link that has been provided below.
Step 3: You will have a lot of OS version to update from, click on the Android version (as Firestick is based on custom Android OS).
Step 4: Now you will need to update the existing Kodi app by click on ARMV7A or if you want a new updated Kodi app then click on Pre-Release.
Step 5: Now, the update procedure will start and all you have to do is wait for the update to finish.
And this is how you will need to update Koid if you are using the Amazon Firestick.
How to update Kodi on Android devices?
For all those who are using Kodi on their android device if you are willing to enjoy these latest features of Kodi then here is how you can do it easily.
Step 1: First of all, you will need to visit the official Kodi website.
Step 2: Now, you will need to click on the Android icon as you will need to update your Kodi app that you are using on your android device.
Step 3: Now you need to click on the Pre-Release option and the download from different option available from like Alpha 1: ARMV7A (32bit), ARMV8A(64bit) or Nightlies ARMV7A (32bit), ARMV8A (64bit) depending on the device that you are using.
Step 4: Now go to Settings, then Privacy and Enable “Unknown Sources”. This will allow you to install this 3rd party app on your Android device.
And this is how you will need to update Kodi from your Android device. If you already have Kodi then you will need to uninstall the previous version of Kodi app.
How to update Kodi on Windows devices?
If you are a Windows user and you want to update your Kodi now to enjoy the latest features then here is how you can update Kodi.
Step 1: First of all you will need to launch the Kodi app.
Step 2: Now in Kodi you will need to click on Add-ons and then you will also need to click on the Box icon in the top left of the screen.
Step 3: In the Box section, you will need to select the “Install from Repository”.
Step 4: You will now need to click on “Kodi Add-on Repository” then click on Program Add-ons and then click on Windows Installer and then click on Install.
Step 5: Now, you will need to go to the main screen of Kodi then click on Add-ons then on Program Add-ons and then click on Kodi Installer.
Step 6: In the Kodi Installer tab option click on Releases and then select Win32 option. Here you will get the latest version of the Kodi Krypton version which you need to select.
Step 7: After selecting the Kodi Krypton to click and select Kodi 17.6 or later version that is available to you as the latest version of Kodi. This will start the Kodi latest update download.
And after the download is over you will have the latest version of Kodi installed on your windows device. This is how easy it is to download and install the latest Kodi update for Windows devices.
How to update Kodi for MAC?
For users who are using Kodi on Mac, here is the easiest way for how to update Kodi app on your Mac device.
Step 1: First you will need to launch the Internet browser on your laptop.
Step 2: Now, you will need to visit the official Kodi website by clicking on a link provided below.
Step 3: you will need to download the Mac version of Kodi so go to Download and then click on MacOS. Select the 32 or 64 bit that you laptop configuration is.
Step 4: This will start the download process of the Kodi for MacOS.
Step 5: After the file has been downloaded, you will now need to click on the file to start the update operation. You will have to confirm the installation of the newer version by replacing the older version.
And this is how you will need to update to the latest version of Kodi on your MacOS.
These are all the steps and procedure you need to follow for how to update the Kodi app on different devices. The procedures are very simple, also the new features added in the new update of Kodi is really amazing. Yes, no doubt you will be able to stream your favorite movies and TV shows for free from the applications. Drop your thoughts regarding the new features of the Kodi app in the comment section. Also do share with your friends in Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp if you have found this article helpful.