Apple recently released iOS 12 Developer Beta 5 and it is not available now updating via OTA. Though this update is over the beta 4 doesn’t bring many features but has received bug fixes. There are some known bugs present in the iOS beta 4; in beta 5 it some of them has been fixed and some feature changes also found in the new iOS version.
This new iOS 12 Dev Beta 5 is around 500MB ( which may vary depending on your iOS device). The build number for this update is 16A5339e. iOS users, those who already signed-in for developer beta program, can update via OTA now. Yes, a user should update this new iOS beta version, as this brings a good number of bug fixes and performance improvement.
Additionally, iOS 12 was announced on the event of Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC). By now, iOS 12 beta program is the most successful release comparing to the bugs and performance. As promised by Apple in its iOS 12 release that iOS 12 will be a better experience and smoothest. iOS 11 did receive noticeable changes in terms of features and interfaces. On the other hand, Apple is bringing iOS 12 by furnishing all the given features in iOS 11 and enhance performance.
New iOS 12 Beta 5 Released | New Features and Changes
While Apple preparing its next iOS 12 for its new generations iPhone, in news Google also release its Android P final beta version and will come with Google Pixel 3. If you are one of iOS beta program user then you must update it to new iOS 12 Dev Beta 12. In this update, some the known bugs fixed and some changes also there.
Depending on your device this update size may vary but if you are downloading it from iOS 11 then the update size would be more than 2GB. For that, you will need to sign-in iOS 12 Developer beta program.
How to download iOS 12 (Developer Beta 5)?
After every beta update iOS 12 becoming more stable and decreasing the number of bugs. In the latest iOS 12 Developer Beta 5, the performance also increased noticeably and the Geekbench score also shows improvement over last iOS 12 Beta 4. So, if you haven’t experienced the latest iOS 12 then now you can try it out on your primary device. Yes, there are still bugs a present but those are not a big issue at all.
To download iOS 12, you will need to be part of Developer Beta Program, check out the below steps to get latest iOS 12 on your iPhone or iPad.
- You can be part of the developer or public beta, but sign-in to the developer beta to receive iOS update earlier.
- Here is the link to join the beta program.
- After filling up the enrollment and beta profile would be needed to in your device.
- Now go to the main Settings>General>Software Update.
- You will see available update for your device. Make sure your device connected to a Wi-Fi to download or you won’t be able to download.
- Download available updates and after download tap on Install.
- Enter your Passcode and it will start installing.
Supported iOS 12 Devices
If you own any of the mentioned devices then you can follow the above download method for iOS 12 beta.
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- And iPads
Features & Changes in new iOS 12 Beta 5
We have found some feature improvement and changes in this new update. The performance also quite better than the previous version. Here are some of the changes have been made in iOS 12 Beta 5 you need to know about;
- Now Battery Health feature in Settings is not anymore in beta. The beta tag is removed from this feature and now this feature is ready. It may now show you the right battery degrade level.
- Album tabs in Photos now have new icons.
- Opening the Photos app shows the newly added features with splash screen.
- In the notification Clear All Notification is now slightly small.
- Some of the known bugs have been fixed.
With no iOS 12 beta 5, iOS 12 is now more stable, which we can recommend to download and install on your primary iOS device. If you haven’t tied it yet then we can recommend you to download. Or if you already experiencing the same then let us know, which is your most favorite feature from iOS 12 by commenting in the comment section below.