With iOS 12, Apple has introduced a really useful measuring app. Apple recently released iOS 12 Developer Beta 5 and it is not available now updating via OTA. Though this update is over the beta 4 doesn’t bring many features but has received bug fixes. There are some known bugs present in the iOS beta 4; in beta 5 it some of them has been fixed and some feature changes also found in the new iOS version.
Additionally, iOS 12 was announced on the event of Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC). By now, iOS 12 beta program is the most successful release comparing to the bugs and performance. As promised by Apple in its iOS 12 release that iOS 12 will be a better experience and smoothest. iOS 11 did receive noticeable changes in terms of features and interfaces. On the other hand, Apple is bringing iOS 12 by furnishing all the given features in iOS 11 and enhance performance.
Apple Measure App: New Measuring Tool for iOS User
Moving your desk to another place and don’t know if it will fit or not. In this regard, the new Apple Measure app might help you. This is a new feature in iOS 12 or it is exclusive to the iPhone and iPad users. This is an Augmented Reality app, which helps to measure real-world things.
This app is free and pre-loaded with iOS 12 and will be pre-installed on upcoming iPhones. People who have been testing iOS 12 public or developer beta versions might have tried this new app. However, if you are still confused about how to use Measure app and make it full use then here we will share every helpful detail.
As said, this is iOS 12 exclusive feature or app. Now if you running a dated app then you can opt to the latest iOS 12.
To download iOS 12, you will need to be part of Developer Beta Program, check out the below steps to get latest iOS 12 on your iPhone or iPad.
- You can be part of the developer or public beta, but sign-in to the developer beta to receive iOS update earlier.
- Here is the link to join the Beta program.
- After filling up the enrollment and beta profile would be needed to in your device.
- Now go to the main Settings>General>Software Update.
- You will see an available update for your device. Make sure your device connected to a Wi-Fi to download or you won’t be able to download.
- Download available updates and after download tap on Install.
- Enter your Passcode and it will start installing on your iPhone or iPad.
How to use the new Measure App?
With the new Measure app, it can measure an object with straight lines, it can also detect the square and rectangular shapes can give you dimension. Also, an open space can be a measure of an idea about it. Having this app makes measuring rather than using a typical measuring tape. Now, if you want to use this feature here are some tips to use it like a pro.
- After installing the iOS 12, Measure app will be on Home Screen.
- Tap on Measure app and camera like interface will appear.
- More around and let the measure detect surface you want to measure.
- Now move the white dot in a start point and take it to the end point.
- You will see the live measure of your straight line.
Measure app is a useful integration, this app is merged by the leveler. For easy measure now you can use this app with AR technology. Though the measurement may not be 100% accurate it gets your job done when you need an idea about thing’s dimension. Let us know if you have been using this app and how useful is this app by commenting in below.